Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Securrity!

Yesterday afternoon I realised my credit card wasn't where it should have been (in the bin in my wallet). I remembered that I had eaten at Nando's the night before, so during my first work break yesterday I walked over to the restaurant and stood in line, hoping it was still there. When I was asked for my order I recounted my story to the girl at the counter. She promptly pulled out my credit card from behind the counter, held it up to me and asked if it was mine. I said yes. She handed it to me.




Now... I'm thinking that even if it wasn't mine I probably could have gotten away with saying yes. Being that online purchases don't even require a PIN or a signature, anyone with someone else's credit card would be able to spend like they just won the lottery.

Anyway, that is beside the point. What the hell, Nando's girl? Couldn't you at least have asked for my name first? If it were up to me, anyone in possession of a lost or forgotten credit card would have to ask to see photo ID before handing it to a stranger. Does anyone care about anyone's personal security or privacy anymore? Yep, slight overreaction there, I know. I use my credit card almost daily though. I wouldn't want to have to have it cancelled because of someone not having the sense they should have (is that too much 'have' for one sentence?).

No comments:

Post a Comment