Monday, May 10, 2010

Perspective

I'm currently living through one of those situations in life that we all think will never happen to us. There's gonna be a need for me to deal with some negative shit going forward. One of the things I prefer to dwell on during times like these is the perspective it brings. All of a sudden all the other pressing issues in my life have been reduced to nothing. I've stopped worrying about when I'm going to finally attempt to start my dream career. Finding a new place to live can wait. Trying to save money for a ridiculously large HDTV seems unimportant. Tonight's dinner is just gonna have to be whatever's lying around. I think it's great though (in a really, really fucked up way). The more you experience, the more you realise how little you really need to be happy. Or at least as happy as is possible for each of us.

So what do we want? A job we're passionate about? A chance to be creative? Family and friends? Nando's and a large Slurpee? What about the future? A house (or another house)? A partner? Children? Power and status? Money?

One day at a time I guess. Shoot for the Slurpee to start with so it feels as though you've accomplished something when you undoubtedly pass a 7-Eleven at some point in the next week. Then work your way towards your biggest goals or your most time-consuming goals. I think that's what I'm gonna have to do. I have the added perspective now though. I wish I didn't, but shit happens so I'm rolling with it. I'm gonna turn this into a positive situation in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment