Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Back The Fuck Up



The image above made me laugh out loud. It's almost downright poignant in its unpoignancy*. Stolen from Certified Bullshit Technician, a Tumblr blog I follow for all my random and funny image and video needs.

I'm a user of a lot of Google programs, both on my PC and my smartphone, though there is one in particular that has helped me reduce the amount of time I spend on the internet. I'm of course talking about Google Reader, the web-based aggregator of site feeds. To put it in simple terms, it allows you to place internet website addresses (usually blogs) into folders you make up yourself. These folders are automatically updated as soon as one of the websites listed is updated, and you will see a notification showing you the number of unviewed pages/blog posts. You can then easily click to view the articles you are interested in. Reader also gives you the opportunity to share blog posts to a list of "People following you" and view articles shared by "People you follow". You can even leave comments and discuss the content of the articles with your contacts immediately below the shared posts. It's all so very easy to use and has greatly reduced the time it takes for me to do my necessary daily surfing. There's literally no need for me to type out URLs anymore. I've been using Google Reader for quite some time now and I don't see that ever changing; especially when my PC is finally running Chrome OS.


* It is downright ridiculous that unpoignancy isn't a recognised word. Not at Dictionary.com it isn't, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment